3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 11:08 AM by photowyzard

Is it Possible? PDF Graphics and HYPERLINK question...

photowyzard

Title

Is it Possible? PDF Graphics and HYPERLINK question...

FileMaker Pro 13

MAC OSX and WINDOWS

Question:

Is there any way to get a Graphic for a  background onto a layout in FMP13 so that there is NO BORDER when you export the file as a PDF?

•           In other words, a full page, full bleed off the edge of the page.
      •      
      •            
      •      
      •           My current experiment (jpg format) has a white boarder similar in size to the margins on an MSWORD Text document
      •      
      •            
      •      
      •           I don't want this.  I want full graphics from top to bottom, edge to edge, 8.5"x11" 
      •      
      •            

Also, is it possible to export a HYPERLINK in the PDF back to a WEBSITE?  I have a button in the layout that takes you to a web page.  I would like this link to export with the PDF so that you can go to the WebSite if you click on the link in the PDF.

Thanks in Advance

• 1. Re: Is it Possible? PDF Graphics and HYPERLINK question...
          philmodjunk

What you see may be a result of the printer driver currently selected. When using Save As PDF to generate a PDF, the page size and page orientation settings specified for the current printer are what are used in determining page breaks and the like so the currently selected printer--which may not be capable of a "full bleed" print, may be restricting what is shown to the limits of its printable page--even though you may only want the electronic copy of the PDF.

IF that's the issue, you can work around it by installing and selecting a printer driver that does not have those limitations.

In the attached image, both PDF's shown were from the same layout with no changes made to the layout. It's a container field dimensioned via the inspector to be exactly 8.5 x 11". For the left hand PDF, I selected a PDF printer utility on the assumption that it would not be limited by a "printable area setting" and as shown it produces the needed full bleed image. The right hand PDF was produced after using Print Setup to select a typical consumer model inkjet printer that cannot print full bleed images.

Also make sure that your layout does not have margins set in Layout Setup on the printing tab.

As to the hyperlink, the results weren't pretty. But if I encluded the text: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/657ed7bcb0 (the link to this forum thread) on my layout. The resulting text became a clickable hyperlink in the PDF I produced from the layout.

• 2. Re: Is it Possible? PDF Graphics and HYPERLINK question...
            photowyzard

Phil,

As always, you are an amazing source!  Can't thank you enough.  Will try this later on and update, I am sure it will work perfectly.

In my work, I have been getting the image on the Right.  That is what I want to avoid, so thanks for the tip.

I will try the text, that works just fine for me, doesn't have to be pretty, just functional.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Is it Possible? PDF Graphics and HYPERLINK question...
              photowyzard

Worked like a CHARM!! Thanks again, Phil.smiley