2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 8:06 PM by philmodjunk

Is there a way to center fields/buttons in a layout without stretching/resiszing their width?

StephenOltmann

Title

Is there a way to center fields/buttons in a layout without stretching/resiszing their width?

I have a row of approx. 1/2" square image container fields with no background or borders that are designated as buttons. I want the buttons to remain in the center of the layout regardless of the width of the window. When autosize is selected with left and right locking the button images remain in the center, however, the actual fields stretch so the clickable area of the buttons stretch beyond the images/icons in the fields.

Is there a way to keep items centered without growing them when the window is made wider? This is a real problem when using a solution on multiple screen sizes.

To show the problem in a screenshot I duplicated the the row of transparent buttons and added color fill to reveal the change in field boundary.

Both rows of buttons are autosized and locked left and right. The top window is iPad-width in portrait orientation. The bottom window is iPad-width rotated to landscape orientation. Clicking on the Contact icon in the narrow window triggers a script to go to the Contact layout. However, as you can see in the wide window clicking on the Contact icon would actually select the Calendar field/button as it has autosized on top of the Contact icon. With transparent buttons you don't see the issue as the images aren't covered.

Any help is appreciated.

Untitled-6.jpg