4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2011 11:58 AM by JasonRossitto

Is there a way to delete a related record without leaving the current layout ( without portals )

PrathameshDatar

Title

Is there a way to delete a related record without leaving the current layout ( without portals )

Hi, 

I'm building a solution in which I've linked my related tables to a central table from which all links are made. I can easily assign data to related records in these tables without leaving the current context ( central table ), but I find it difficult to delete related records without leaving the current layout ( context ). 

i have seen forums where it can be done through portals. But my restriction is to not put a portal of the related record(s) in the current context ( Firstly because there are so many related records, it won't look nice , and secondly I'm sure there is a way that it can be done ). 

Currently, to delete a related record I'm using the 'Go to Related Record' and performing a 'Delete All Records' script call in that layout before returning to my central context.

Thank you in advance. !!!

Prathamesh.