2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2012 10:55 AM by EmersonChen

Is there a way to eliminate radio button in table form?

EmersonChen

Title

Is there a way to eliminate radio button in table form?

Hi I want to enter data in radio button multiple choices via data collection form, but I want it to become a single numerical value in the table form. How do I do that?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Is there a way to eliminate radio button in table form?
          philmodjunk

Option 1:

Set up the fields value list to enter numerical values. On your data collection form resize your field into a vertical column of radio buttons, but so narrow that the numerical choices are not visible. Use layout text to display the equivalent text values next to the radiot buttons.

Option 2:

Define a calculation field with a case function:

Case ( RadiobuttonField = "Apple" ; 1 ;
                    RadioButtonField = "Pear" ; 2 ;
                    RadioButtonField = "Peach" ; 3 )

Use the radio button field for data entry. Use the calculation field to report the numerical values and/or to compute calculated results.

Option 3:

Set up a related table of labels and numerical values:

Apple  |   1
          Pear    |  2
          Peach  |  3

Link the tables by the label value and the radio button field. Use the relationship to refer to the related tables numerical value field or set up a number field with the looked up value auto-enter field option to copy the value from the related record.

• 2. Re: Is there a way to eliminate radio button in table form?
            EmersonChen

Thank you. Fairly good options.

I think I decided to do the following: I have the codes 1. male 2. female written in the label box... etc for all my multiple choice variables. Then have the fields in radiobutton with the numbers. Although the table form still have radiobutton, the downloaded excel sheet just have my numerical values.

I would say it would be nice for the software to allow you have the options of seeing only the choice seletected in the table form (much like drop down list).

thanks again.