6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2009 6:03 AM by CarlaS

Is there a way to move between email client and FM when running a send mail script?

CarlaS

Title

Is there a way to move between email client and FM when running a send mail script?

While editing an email generated via the Send Mail script, my users would like to be able to move back and forth between the email and Filemaker.  It appears the only way to go back to Filemaker when editing one of these emails is to exit the email and cancel the script.  Is there a way they can keep the email open for further editing while they refer back to Filemaker?

BACKGROUND INFO:

We are using Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced and Filemaker Server 10 Advanced. Filemaker Server Advanced is running on a Windows PC server. We have about 25 Filemaker client users (both Mac & PC). We also have non-Filemaker client users for employees company wide to access a couple of layouts via Custom Web Publishing. Our company has been using this Filemaker database since 1998. I personally have been using Filemaker since the late 1980’s when it was called Claris Works. We just recently upgraded from Filemaker 5 to Filemaker 10 and are in the process of a major overhaul of the entire database. Records in the main table represent individual marketing jobs (usually print jobs - i.e. brochure, forms book, mailer, etc.). Then, we have about 18 related tables for tracking various aspects of a job through the production schedule, from job initiation to completion. It tracks milestone due dates, design specs, licensing information, inventory, distribution, costs, etc.