AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there a way to save mutliple finds under one 'saved find'?

Question asked by AlexisJensen on Aug 13, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2010 by AlexisJensen

Title

Is there a way to save mutliple finds under one 'saved find'?

Hi

I am using Filemaker Pro Advanced 11 on a PC and was wondering if there is a way to save multiple finds under one 'saved find' .  The items I want to save have no data in common so I would have to do separate searches and this occurs at different points of the day but I want to be able to add them to one big pot of 'find'.  Is their a way to do this or do I have to create a script?

To clarify I will give you an example:

I work in a museum and the database we use is to store records of the artefacts we have in the museum.  So what I would like to do is create a saved find based on an exhibition I am putting together.  This want comes from perusing the database and finding a record of an artefact that would be great in the exhibit and in my dreams I would like to add it to a saved find - aka the big pot.  And then a few hours later I might come across another artefact and want to add it as well.  And then at the end of the day, I want to be able to pull that find up with all the random records I stuck into it throughout the day.  Is there a way?

Thanks,

A

Outcomes