4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 8:31 AM by MStephens

Is there a When calculation

MStephens

Title

Is there a When calculation

I have a field, Status, that I want to auto fill.

When the date of the request is filled in, I want the status field to show 'Requested'

Once the PO is received and the PO number is entered, I want the status field to change to 'Approved'

When the product is received and the date is entered, I want the status filed to change to 'Received'

But, if I need to cancel the PO, I would like to manually change to "Cancel" as I don't want to delete the request, I want to cancel the PO.  The date requested would still be filled in as would the PO number, but, if I canceled the processed PO, I want to manually change the status to 'Canceled'

Or maybe I could set up a field to show a 'cancel' date?

I can make a value list and manually do this, but I would like to automate it.  I think it should be possible, but, since I don't fully understand the different formula's, well:

I used Case --> Case ( Line Items::Date_Requested ; "Requested" ; Line Items::PO Number ; "Approved" ; Line Items::Date_Merchandise_Received ; "Recieved" )

But, it just gives me the first, requested, because the field of date requested is filled in.  Since the date requested field does not go empty when the PO number is filled in, it just stays on the first 'test'.

Thanks for any help in advance.

M  :-)

• 1. Re: Is there a When calculation
          philmodjunk

Case functions select the "result calculation" for the first expression that evaluates as true so you would need to modify the boolean expressions or their order inside the cas function to get the results that you want:

Case ( Not IsEmpty ( Line Items::Date_Merchandise_Received ) ; "Recieved" ;
                          Not IsEmpty ( Line Items::PO Number ) ; "Approved" ;
                          Not IsEmpty ( Line Items::Date_Requested ) ; "Requested"
                         ) // case

• 2. Re: Is there a When calculation
            raybaudi

Try to revert the order of the items:

Case(
            Date_Merchandise_Received ; "Received" ;
            PO Number ; "Approved" ;
            Date_Requested ; "Requested" ;
                 Self
                 )

• 3. Re: Is there a When calculation
              MStephens

So, my first error was not indicating that nothing is empty

and it looks like I needed to go backwards.  The last test would be the first thing, which would be requested.

I am going to go ahead and make a date PO canceled field.  I am thinking that the new entry should be after received, since the request will be and PO will be added before a cancelation.

Thanks guys!  

M  :-)

• 4. Re: Is there a When calculation
                MStephens

worked using your formula Phil

Thanks for the heads up of order ray

:-D