3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2009 8:57 AM by ninja

Is there any way to break a single record into 2 pages?

cardella

Title

Is there any way to break a single record into 2 pages?

We are running filemaker 8.  We'd like to take a single record and make it 2 so that the second page only has certain information on it.

• 1. Re: Is there any way to break a single record into 2 pages?
          ninja

Howdy cardella,

Welcome to the Forum!

In Layout Mode, there are grey-ish lines showing where the page breaks.  If you extend your layout to put fields below or to the right of the page break lines, they should print onto another page.

Also, make sure Sliding/Printing is set appropriately.  If you move the fields down and tell them to slide back up when you print, you'll be fighting yourself.

Is this what you're after?

• 2. Re: Is there any way to break a single record into 2 pages?
            cardella

Ninja,

Thanks for the kind welcome!

I guess what I'm trying to get at on filemaker is to have 2 pages for one record - like a page break in word, but one page would be for address and etc and the second page for information sort of like a book.  Not sure if I'm really explaning it right. 

I did find a help link on using portal's - would that be something similar to what I'm looking for?

Thanks for any help you can give. 

• 3. Re: Is there any way to break a single record into 2 pages?
              ninja

Howdy cardella,

Yup, I figured that's what you were after.  I'm on FMP7, 8 & 9.  There is no "Page Break" like you're looking for.  I'm not sure about FMP10.

You can get what you're after, but you might have to sacrifice some tidyness in Browse Mode.  The grey outline I mentioned above is sort of a "page break preview".  You can't move it, but at least you know where it is.  If it works for your application, just keep your addresses, etc. within the first page, and keep the other information outside the grey lines so it prints on a different page.

To keep browse mode easy, you could create a "Print Layout" that takes the same information from your main layout and spreads it across the grey line so it prints how you want it to.

I know it's not what you were hoping for, but is it workable for you?