AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there anyway to automatically have FM generate a runtime solution?

Question asked by DanielClark on Mar 24, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Is there anyway to automatically have FM generate a runtime solution?

I have my database using FM Advanced on my server with all my employees gaining access to the database through the FM Network as a lot of them have FM Client on their machines anyway. We all use Macs (including the server). However, some employees don't have FM Client on their machines, but they are using Macs (and btw any of these Macs can run windows just fine if the solution to this post is to use Windows somehow). I love the runtime feature of FM Advanced - and this is absolutely perfect for the employees that don't have FM client (and who only use the database for reference, not for data entry). However, because the database gets updated daily. I want them to be able to stay up-to-date with a new runtime solution on their machines once a day. I already have a syncing routine setup between employee computers and the server - the issue here is being able to have FM Advanced to automatically generate these runtime solutions on a daily basis. Is there any way I can do/schedule this? If I can't do it through FM Advanced, I can probably figure out a way to muscle-f**k it through Mac OS's Automator - but that's messier than I'd like. Thanks.

Outcomes