1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 12:22 PM by philmodjunk

Is this idea delusional?

AdamQuintero

Title

Is this idea delusional?

Hi all-

I have been building this database with this ideas in mind:

I can use Autonavigator to control the layout hierarchies with tabs.

I think that was were I went wrong at first, because it doesn't appear that I understand how to keep relationships between tables in tact with the requirement that all tables to be shown in layouts must have a cartesian relationship between their primary key and the autonavigator main table. I thought I could track the keys with global variables and script the user experience through the layouts, but that is not working.

I thought that if I had the primary key value stored in a global variable I could look up a record in a layout for the user to enter data, select other related records through portals, etc. I thought I could use something like Perform Find to orient each layout with stored key values, but that doesn't work.

I apologize for the general nature of this post, but I feel like there is something simple that I am just not seeing in how to accomplish this. I am attaching a shot of my relationships graph, and am willing to take a beating if I have to in order to learn. I thank anybody who has any constructive criticism, however harsh it may be. :)

relationships_graph.jpg