1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 6, 2012 3:13 AM by GuyStevens

Is this what I want?

ChrisFodge

Title

Is this what I want?

Hello, 

I work for a small collection agency and we are looking for simple software to manage all of our accounts. I've been looking into FileMaker Pro but can not find a difinitive answer on if it will do exactly what we need it to.

Basicly, I have multiple clients, and each of those clients has accounts that we are trying to collect on, so I need software that can store each of our clients, and then each of their clients as well and have it all in one file that is easy to use for our employees.

Right now we have everything on seperate spreadsheets and it is extremely frustrating trying to find information.

Is FileMaker Pro what I am looking for?

• 1. Re: Is this what I want?
          GuyStevens

You say:

I need software that can store each of our clients, and then each of their clients as well

Do you mean each of their "accounts" as well?

You also say:

each of those clients has accounts that we are trying to collect on

So from what I can understand you have:

- Clients: every client has there information. Adress, phone number, etc.
          Every client has one account (or multiple accounts)

- Accounts: Every account is linked to one client.

- Collections: I don't know exactly how this works, but a collection partains to a certain account, is performed on a certain date and has a certain plus or minus amount.
          There can be multible collections per Account.

I think filemaker would be an exellent choice for you.

You could try the filemaker demo but I don't think there is a starter solution for your specific need.

You would have to build something from scratch.

If you want I could make you a little example if you can tell me a little more about what kind of information you are storing partaining to the accounts.