2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2013 12:23 PM by maddy

Issue with deleting required fields after mistakenly click on 'New Record' in FileMakerPro 12

maddy

Title

Issue with deleting required fields after mistakenly click on 'New Record' in FileMakerPro 12

Hi,

I have created a medical database having multiple tables. Suppose the primary record contains patient information, where MR#, FirstName, LastName, DOB are required fields. In the same form I have created a portal for related table having surgical path details for the same MR#. 

The problem here is that, when my client click on 'New Record' and then he realized that mistakenly he clicked on the 'New Record'. But he can't proceed with any other action further as a 'Required Field' warning for MR# and other required fields are coming up. Forcefully he has to enter the required details and further delete them, which is unnecessary. The same problem happens with the related record in portal.

Is there a solution to avoid this situation? Please let me know if anyone needs further details in case I am not clear.