1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 11:11 AM by philmodjunk

Issue with Export order

NoahMillard

Title

Issue with Export order

Hi.  I have been using filemaker pro 12 for a few months and I love it.

I have one issue that I have not been able to resolve on my own or find anything on any of the forums.

I have created a layout specifically for exporting to csv.  There are over 50 fields in the layout and the order of the fields is essential for what I need to do.  When exporting a table to a csv format file (or any file format for that matter) in the "Specify Field Order for Export" dialog  there is no option to choose the order based on the order of the original layout.  The default is set to alphabetical and it would appear that I need to manually set the field order every time.  

Since exporting to csv is a essential task that will need to be repeated many times, I am looking for a solution to fix this.

Is there any way to change the default setting on this or to use a script to specify the order?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

• 1. Re: Issue with Export order
          philmodjunk

Since exporting to csv is a essential task that will need to be repeated many times, I am looking for a solution to fix this.

The best solution is to create a script for exporting your data. The script will use the same dialogs you are using to map the fields for export, but it will preserve these settings so that you will not need to select them each time. This can reduce your import process to just clicking a button or perhaps entering a file name into a text field and clicking a button to export the data naming it with the file name that you specified in the field.