3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2012 9:33 AM by NaturSalus

Issues with Custom Menus

NaturSalus

Title

Issues with Custom Menus

Hello,

Since FM 12 is out, I should mention that my question is related to FM 11 Pro Advanced.

In my current project I have some custom tailored menus each of which is attached to a button and displayed when the user clicks the button.

NAVIGATION---RECORDS---PRINT

Each button has an underlying and hidden field that shows the content of a value list.

When the user clicks the button, the content of the value list is displayed and the user can make a selection that is stored in the underlying and hidden global field. The underlying hidden global field OnObjectModify triggers a script that determines the user choice and carries out the appropriate action.

In addition to the buttons: Navigation, Records and Print I have two other fields that triggered different action OnObjectModify:

View

Quick Find

I am having two types of problems:

First when I click, let us say in the Records button it lists all the actions attached to it, and after the user selects one it gets white, I am attaching a picture. The only way to get rid of the white button (underlyin field showing up) is to click somewhere else in the layout.

Is this an expected behavior?

How can I prevent the transition from Records button --> Records Actions List --> White button, so that after clicking the Records button the user gets the expected: Records button --> Records Actions List --> Records button?

The second problem that I am having is that when making a selection from any button (Navigation, Records, Print) the contents of the View field are shown up. It is as if the user where simultaneously clicking the Records button and inside the View field. 

I wrongly thought that this behavior was related to the DPI display size settings but it is not.

How can I prevent this simultaneous activation of two quite distant fields?

Thanks,

natursalus

under_field.jpg

• 1. Re: Issues with Custom Menus
          philmodjunk

For the first question, try experimenting with a commit record, possibly followed by Refresh Window. I suspect that the focus is still in the hidden field.

I don't quite understand your issue with the View field. Shouldn't it's contents always be visible? Why would they be invisible prior to clicking into one of these pop up menus. (They are pop up menus, not drop down lists?)

• 2. Re: Issues with Custom Menus
            NaturSalus

Hello Phil,

Thank you for looking into my questions.

For the first question, try experimenting with a commit record, possibly followed by Refresh Window. I suspect that the focus is still in the hidden field.

Okay, I'll try.

I don't quite understand your issue with the View field.

The whole purpose of the View field is to control the user access to the Control Tabs (which by default are hidden) based on the information entered in another field.

Shouldn't it's contents always be visible?

If you don't click inside the View field, you are supposed to see just: "View"

Why would they be invisible prior to clicking into one of these pop up menus. (They are pop up menus, not drop down lists?)

Once you click into the field you get a list of values from a value list, but not before.

I am attaching a picture of what you get after clicking inside the View field in the Compartment_Detail layout

Thanks

• 3. Re: Issues with Custom Menus
              NaturSalus

Well,

It seems that adding "commit record", as you suggested, is all that was needed to sort out both issues.

Thanks,

natursalus