Can you post a more detailed description of exactly how this find is set up and performed?
Sometimes, a find that doesn't produce the expected results is due to a problem with a field's index and that would fit what you are describing here though it is not the only explanation.
To rebuild the index of a single field:
- Open Manage | Database | Fields and double click the field
- Use either the storage tab or the storage options button to turn off indexing.
- Exit Manage | Database, then return and turn indexing back on.
You can also rebuild all your file's indexes by importing all the data into an empty copy (clone) of your file.
If you have FileMaker 11 or newer, you can use Advanced Recovery options to rebuild your file's indexes:
- With the file closed, select Recover from the File Menu.
- Select "Use advanced Options"
- Select only: "Copy File Blocks as-is" and "Rebuild Field Indexes Now".
Thank you Phil
I tried the indexing thing. But it didn't work and I didn't want to rebuild the files. So I thought a min more and realized that over the years people have been editing and re-typing the recruiters names into the field. so instead of it just being a drop down box I allowed entry into the field and allowed people to just type their last name and voila! it worked!
Thanks for you help