AnsweredAssumed Answered

Iterative data on the same layout

Question asked by NaturSalus on May 19, 2011
Latest reply on May 20, 2011 by NaturSalus

Title

Iterative data on the same layout

Hello,

In my project, I need to use the same type of information several times on the same layout but with different purposes. And although I have found an unproductive way to do it (duplicating the same information on different tables) I would like to find out a more efficient approach.

I have a database where I control different type of documents.

I will focus my question on just one document type: Procedure

In the Procedure layout I have several tabs some of them with portals that ideally should take some of the information from a unique table (People), although they don't to make it work.

In the Appraisal Tab there is a portal to the Appraiser/Procedure (joint table) that is connected to the Appraisers table.

Appraisers -> Appraisesr/Procedure <- Procedure

In the Users Tab there is a portal to the Users/Procedure (joint table) that is connected to the Users table.

Users -> Users/Procedure <- Procedure

In the Points of Use  Tab there is a portal to the Points of Use/Procedure (joint table) that is connected to the Points of Use table.

Points of Use -> Points of Use/Procedure <- Procedure

In the Archival Tab  there is a portal to the Archival/Procedure (joint table) that is connected to the Archival table.

Archival -> Archival/Procedure <- Procedure

In all these diffferent tabs I always need the same type of information (persons' names, job titles, departments, emails), although the actual information can be the same or different in each case.

In the same layout I need to put people's information repeatedly, althgough in each case it has a different meaning.

The same person can act as an apprasier, documet user, responsible of document control in a point of use, and be responsible for document archival. In fact all combinations of peoples' roles are possible and in some cases several people intervene to carry out something relatted to document control.

Ideally I would like to have a People table with the following information:

Full Name

Job Title

Department

Email

And be able to use its information, as needed, several times on the same layout but with different purposes.

Is there a smart way of doing it other than duplicating the same information on different tables?

Thanks

Outcomes