1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 2, 2013 5:50 PM by WilliamOglesby

IWP  on a MAC OS X 10.8.2 running FileMaker 11 Advanced can not be started

Kat11_1

Title

IWP  on a MAC OS X 10.8.2 running FileMaker 11 Advanced can not be started

I am trying to turn on the IWP for one of my files on my MAC. I assigned IWP to two privilige sets in the Database Security dialog window and specified users by privilege set in the Instant Web Publishing dialog window. When I check the IWP check box  I get, after a delay,  the

FileMaker can not share fiels over the Web because  IWPcould not be started error.

I understand that it is possible that port 80 is not accessible and that I should try to use port 591. But the problem is that the Advanced Options button in in the IWP dialog window is greyed out.

I am running FM 11 Advanced on a MAC OS X 10.8.2

Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot this will be very much apprecaited.

• 1. Re: IWP  on a MAC OS X 10.8.2 running FileMaker 11 Advanced can not be started
          WilliamOglesby

It has been two months, and still no answer to Kat11’s problem.

I am running Mac OS X 10.8.3, and using FM Pro 12.04, and like Kat11 and many others, am experiencing this IWP problem.  I, too, want to use your Instant Web Publishing, but on each of my dozens of trials, using a dozen different FM files, the error message consistently re-appears, “IWP could not be started.”  

I’ve read ALL of your KB and Forum messages regarding this error, and NOTHING has provided a solution.   I’ve repaired and defragged my system with a number of utilities.  No amount of deleting and re-installing FM has helped.  

True to your super-geek approach to simple problems, your high-tech responses are full of complex, esoteric jargon.  You are good at identifying what the problem might be (“FM installed with a non-install OS account”—whatever in the world that means), but you offer no clue about how to solve or fix the problem.  How great it would be to have a simple, cookbook outline of how to fix yhings!

I’d appreciate hearing a solution to the IWPublishing problem, if and when someone comes down from the hi-tech mountain to address some of us in the vineyards below.

Thank you.