5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2012 11:40 PM by philmodjunk

IWP 'Hide Status Area' script fails

Parag

Title

IWP 'Hide Status Area' script fails

I've written a simple login script to hide the Status Area (and Lock it) depending on the privilege set - however it doesn't lock for any privilege sets!

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? 

If [ Get (ApplicationVersion) = "web" ]
      If [ Get (CurrentPrivilegeSetName) = "[Full Access]" ]
      Show/Hide Status Area
      [ Hide ]
      Else
      Show/Hide Status Area
      [ Lock; Hide ]
      End If
      End If

• 1. Re: IWP 'Hide Status Area' script fails
          philmodjunk
          If [ Get (ApplicationVersion) = "web" ]

is never true and thus the code enclosed in this if block never executes.

From the help file on this Get function:

Pro version for FileMaker Pro
          ProAdvanced version for FileMaker Pro Advanced
          Runtime version for FileMaker Runtime
          FileMaker Web Publishing version for FileMaker Web Client
          Web Publishing Engine version for FileMaker Server Web Client
          xDBC version for xDBC Client
          Server version for FileMaker Server

Try using:

Patterncount ( Get ( applicationversion ) ; "web" )

• 2. Re: IWP 'Hide Status Area' script fails
            kpbarbee

Did Phil ModJunk's answer help?  I have the same problem.  My IWP script keeps the show/hide status area script item in the first two lines of the script (as recommended elsewhere) but still the Status Area is visible.   Hmmmmm.

Any thoughts?

• 3. Re: IWP 'Hide Status Area' script fails
              philmodjunk

Can you post your script?

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
              2. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
              3. If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
              4. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)
              • 4. Re: IWP 'Hide Status Area' script fails
                kpbarbee

Here's my script screen shot...any suggestions you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

• 5. Re: IWP 'Hide Status Area' script fails
                  philmodjunk

You have script steps that are not web publishing compatible. With this script open in the script editor, select Web Publishing in the compatibility drop down and then remove or disable all incompatible script steps. Then run this script again to see how it works. (A script will silently halt if it encounters a step that is not web compatible.)