2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2011 9:47 AM by SalMarano

IWP and question

SalMarano

Title

IWP and question

My Filemaker host, claims this is the issue with the performace of Filemaker IWP,  can anyone give me a clue is it true.  The issue is the host will lock up and I have to ask them to reset the IWP at least a few times a week.  Through remote it is fine.

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do to improve performance with IWP.
      This portion of FileMaker server was actually written a number of years
      ago and FileMaker has made no upgrades or changes to it with the exception
      of adapting it to newer versions. From what we have been told they have no
      intention of doing so in the future.

• 1. Re: IWP and question
          philmodjunk

From what we have been told they have no
          intention of doing so in the future.

FileMaker never announces future plans for their products except to produce a "to be deprecated" list in the knowledge base. Maybe there's something there that is leading your hosting service to make this statement, but I doubt it.

It's possible that there are other causes for your lock up that could be a part of your database design. Is there any pattern to when the system "locks up"? Any specific action that always precedes the lock up?

• 2. Re: IWP and question
            SalMarano

Not that I have been able to tell.  But I did have them move it to new server and it seams to be a lot better.  We will have to see.

Thanks for your reply.