1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2011 2:38 PM by philmodjunk

IWP and submit records triggers

GretchenMuller

Title

IWP and submit records triggers

I have a very strange issue. We are using IWP to do online registration for our math conferences. I have a "Recalculate Total" button at the bottom of the page is set to "Commit Records/Requests" so that the amounts for the items (housing, guest pass, lunch tickets, etc) that people choose to register for show up as they don't show up as they are selected. I thought that I could do a script trigger after each item is modified that would do the same thing as the "Recalculate Total" button. It works fine for the first item that is modified but it won't work again unless the "Recalculate Total" button is used. Then the script trigger will work again for then next item.

The script trigger and the "Recalculate Total" button do exactly the same thing - Commit Records/Requests

Any ideas why it works as a button all the time and not as a script trigger?

• 1. Re: IWP and submit records triggers
          philmodjunk

Script triggers cannot be directly tripped with user interaction with your layout via a web browser. The only way you can trip a script trigger in IWP systems is for a script action (Performed by some means other than a script trigger) to trip the trigger. (Example: a script step that uses Go To Layout will trip an OnLayoutEnter trigger, but the user selecting the same layout will not trip the trigger in IWP systems.)

You'll need to find a way to use a button for this purpose.