1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2009 8:12 AM by anicolais

IWP Crashing

anicolais

Title

IWP Crashing

Does anyone know why suddenly my IWP crashes?!?!?!

• 1. Re: IWP Crashing
          TSGal

anicolais:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, you don't provide enough information to help with a possible cause.

Does this occur while trying to access the IP address?  Does this occur while trying to open the database file?  Does this occur when you are accessing a specific layout?   Does this occur when accessing a specific record?  Field?  Does this occur when you are in Edit Mode?  Browse Mode?  Find Mode?  Skipping to a record?

Any additional information you can provide should help narrow the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: IWP Crashing
            anicolais
               Thanks for your response but there was honestly no specific time it would crash it would just randomly. I think I fixed it by changing the port from 80 to 81. It hasn't crashed since so heres hoping!
            • 3. Re: IWP Crashing
              anicolais
                 Actually I take that back it is still crashing. It goes into the main page of the IWP but then when you click any database it just loads forever. I can access it on my computer through the server using Filemaker 9 advanced but IWP keeps crashing???? Any help would be greatly appriciated.
              • 4. Re: IWP Crashing
                TSGal

anicolais:

Thank you for the additional information.

Are the files being served by FileMaker Server 9 Advanced?  If so, how many web clients are trying to access the database file?  Do the web log files give any clue?  If you host the file with FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced, is there any change via web access?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 5. Re: IWP Crashing
                  anicolais
                     Yes Filemaker 9 Server Advanced....Theres probably 4 or 5 max at a time trying to access one database. And I went froim making the database 1 layout to like 7 with relationships....Where can I view the log files? My web server works fine when this happens and I can edit the database using my copy of filemaker 9 pro but the IWP crashes. I'm very confused.
                  • 6. Re: IWP Crashing
                    anicolais
                       OK update on the situation.....When I click on the middle few fields on my layout only with certain records it crashes....this is the only time and only with a few records....What?!?
                    • 7. Re: IWP Crashing
                      TSGal

anicolais:

Thanks for the update.

Do these certain records also crash/freeze when accessed through FileMaker Pro?  Is there anything special about those few records.  It is possible the database file is corrupt for those few records.  You may want to save a clone of the file and import the data.  Then, try accessing those records via Instant Web Publishing in the new file and see if the problem persists.

The log files are located in the Logs folder of your FileMaker Server folder/directory.  Please look at Knowledge Base article #6551:

http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=6551

In specific, you want to look at the web publishing log.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: IWP Crashing
                        anicolais
                           No it does not crash using Filemaker Pro....I have an error 400, 401, 102, and 4 I dont know if this is causing any of the problems though becuase these records are the same as all the other ones but they screw up for some reason.I am trying to use a backup now to see if it works and I will let you know. Thanks for the help thus far.
                        • 9. Re: IWP Crashing
                          anicolais
                             OK it seems I get an error 400 right before it crashes. Could this mean anything?
                          • 10. Re: IWP Crashing
                            anicolais
                               OK, Whats crashing the database is an account with 2 contacts related to it. What I have is My ID for my accounts matches my 2 ID's for my contacts. SO if account ID = 12 contact 1 id = 12 and contact 2 ID = 12 I can click on the contacts for these account and it brings me to them but if i try to edit any info on the account page it crashes the database. Do you see an issure here?
                            • 11. Re: IWP Crashing
                              anicolais
                                 I can edit all the contact info, I can click any of my buttons on the account page and any of the portals on the accounts page but I can not edit the text boxes on the account page when there is more than 1 contact related to it.
                              • 12. Re: IWP Crashing
                                TSGal

anicolais:

Thank you for the additional information.

Error codes, as listed in:  http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7067

400 - Find criteria are empty

401 - No records match the request

102 - Field is missing

4 - Command is unknown

Do you have any access privileges set up for those related records and/or layout?  Either way, it should not cause a crash.

How is your relationships set up?  contact 1 id is connected to which table?  contact 2 ID is connected to which table?  I'll try to set something up similar here to try and narrow the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 13. Re: IWP Crashing
                                  anicolais

OK lets say I have an account called "EBSCO." The ID is 302. The contacts for this account are John and Mary. John will have an ID of 302 and Mary will have an ID of 302. Both contacts are different records on the same contact layout and the account is just one record in the account layout. This works fine with 1 contact and 1 account but as soon as you add addiitional contacts related to the account it crashes when you touch the fields on the account page. Yet it lets you click the portal to go to the related contact on the same account page that crashes when you enter account info. The contacts layout works totally fine. It i the account layout that screws up. If I export the ID's to excel it shows them like this.

Account ID        Contact ID

1                          1

2                          2

3                          3

Where each contact ID is a seperate record.

• 14. Re: IWP Crashing
                                    anicolais
                                       If theres anyway I could give you a small piece of the database like 2 or 3 related records I would be open to do that just let me know how.
                                    1 2 Previous Next