2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2012 12:08 PM by davidanders

IWP database access

NewportLab

Title

IWP database access

After completing the IWP, changing to a classic theme, and all of that, I realized that my files can be opened on the web from any other computer ONLY when the files are open in Filemaker Pro on the first computer on which the files were originally created. Why is this and how can I fix it? Naturally what I would like is for other people to be able to access and edit these files from their homes and elsewhere without the original files having to remain opened on the original computer.

• 1. Re: IWP database access
          schamblee

The files have to be open but not on the original computer.  The computer that opens the files is the host and all other must connect remotely.   

• 2. Re: IWP database access
            davidanders

Access from outside your network controlled by your router, it points to the local IP Address of the computer it was told to do.

If you move the opened filemaker databases to another computer with a different local IP Address, you have to change the router settings.

The other option is to set the old computer to a different IP Address and new computer IP address to the current router setting

And no, you can not (As far as I know) to set the router to spew the request to 2 or more local IP Addresses.