1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 29, 2012 8:43 PM by davidanders

IWP home page problem

CDCASA

Title

IWP home page problem

I am trying to create a custom home page for my databases and I accomplished this when it was on filemaker pro with iwp but now they are being hosted on filemaker server advanced. I know that for IWP on filemaker pro is different than iwp on filemaker server so that is where I am going wrong. When I read through other forum posts I found two locations where I think I am supposed to put the html file for the home page so I tried both. I tried putting my file called iwp_home.html in the following locations on my computer:

D:/Program Files (x86)/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing engine/wpc/Resources/iwpres

and in

D:/Program Files (x86)/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/IWP

but it did not work in either location. I also found the original default home page file and two other files that come with FIleMaker Server that were called iwp_home (one was an html file, the other two were each text files but with different icons) so I tried renaming them to something else and adding my html file there with the name iwp_home.html as to try to redirect the path to my custom home page when people went to my URL but it didn't work. I then renamed the original files back to iwp_home and took my file out and after restarting my computer and programs it finally went back to the default page at least. (Before then it didn't even get that far and I was worried there would be no access to my database at all but at least it goes through FileMaker's default home page now. Anyway, now my problem is still that I cannot get my custom home page to work and I need this up and running ASAP, please help!