1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2012 9:13 PM by davidanders

IWP Issue - Using Classic Theme STILL won't view

MichaelThale

Title

IWP Issue - Using Classic Theme STILL won't view

Hi there,

So I have built out a database that is very heavy on GUI for our iPad interactions.  However, I would like people to access our database via my public IP address.  I am wondering if you can specify just one particular layout to be used for the remote access.  I have created a classic theme layout using all the same elements as the other layouts (with more complex themes) and I still get an error message stating that I need to have a classic themed format.  

To see if it would work a pre-made starter solution, i did the same thing, and I STILL get the same error message.

I am not super script savvy nor techinical but would really appreciate anyones help on this matter.

Thanks!

Michael

errormessage.PNG

• 1. Re: IWP Issue - Using Classic Theme STILL won't view
          davidanders

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10247/~/filemaker-pro-12-and-filemaker-pro-12-advanced-release-notes

4.  Instant Web Publishing

You must select the Classic theme in the FileMaker Pro Layout Setup dialog for layouts that you want to use for Instant Web Publishing. If you enable Instant Web Publishing for a layout that does not use the Classic theme, you may see an alert that the layout is not supported for Instant Web Publishing because it does not use the Classic theme.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10766/~/instant-web-publishing-with-filemaker-12

You must select the Classic theme in the FileMaker Pro Change Theme dialog box for the layouts that you want to use for Instant Web Publishing. If your layouts use any other theme, the layouts are not supported for Instant Web Publishing.

Files created in FileMaker Pro 11 and earlier that are converted to FileMaker Pro 12 will be in the Classic theme after conversion. Newly created databases in FileMaker Pro 12 will not be in the Classic theme by default.

General layout mode changes and improvements
          FileMaker Pro 12 has introduced a number of behavior changes, feature enhancements, and feature changes. Although these changes are not specifically related to Instant Web Publishing, the changes may affect how your FileMaker solutions behave. For information on layout mode changes and improvements, see FileMaker Pro Help.

Unsupported FileMaker 12 features
          Even with the Classic theme, the following FileMaker Pro 12 features are not supported for Instant Web Publishing:

• Object states: Instant Web Publishing supports style attributes for the Normal display state only. Instant Web Publishing ignores style attributes associated with the In-Focus, Hover, and Pressed display states.
          • Opacity: Instant Web Publishing does not support the opacity value selected using the Opacity slider. Any fill or line color that you specify is rendered as 100% opaque (solid), regardless of the opacity setting’s value. Even if you specify the opacity to be 0%, the color is rendered as 100% opaque.
          • Gradient fill: Instant Web Publishing does not support gradient fills. If you specify a gradient fill for an object on an Instant Web Publishing layout, the object is treated as if the fill were set to None (transparent) instead.
          • Image fill: Instant Web Publishing does not support image fills. If you specify an image fill for an object on an Instant Web Publishing layout, the object is treated as if the fill were set to None (transparent) instead. The only exception is for converted layout objects that contained pattern fills. These converted layout objects show the solid fill colors used in FileMaker 11 instead of displaying as transparent.
          • Chart fill colors: FileMaker Pro 12 supports fill colors for charts, but Instant Web Publishing does not support fill colors for charts.
          • Dotted and dashed lines: Instant Web Publishing does not support dotted and dashed lines. If you specify dotted or dashed lines on an Instant Web Publishing layout with FileMaker 12, they are displayed as solid lines, just as patterned lines were displayed as solid lines for Instant Web Publishing with FileMaker 11.
          • Corner radius: Instant Web Publishing does not support the Corner radius feature for layout objects. In Instant Web Publishing, object corners continue to render square, just as they did for Instant Web Publishing with FileMaker 11.

Items that render differently with FileMaker 12
          Instant Web Publishing may render the following objects differently in FileMaker 12 than in FileMaker 11:

• Object size differences: Layout objects may appear larger for Instant Web Publishing with FileMaker 12. In many cases, the objects match the size displayed in FileMaker 12 Pro more closely than they did in FileMaker 11. However, for solutions that you convert from FileMaker 11, you may need to realign or re-center layout objects.
          • Pop-up menus: In most cases, pop-up menus display with 1pt lines and drop-shadow effects, matching the appearance displayed in FileMaker Pro 12, regardless of original specified styles.
          • Text objects added to a layout in FileMaker 12 that use vertical centering and are formatted as buttons display as top-aligned in Instant Web Publishing with FileMaker 12. To make them appear vertically centered, create the button labels separately from the background, center them vertically over the background, group them, and then format them as buttons. Note that when you convert a FileMaker 11 solution that uses vertical centering for text objects formatted as buttons, FileMaker converts the buttons into grouped objects in order to maintain the center vertical alignment, and the buttons display as center-aligned in Instant Web Publishing.