3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2009 10:36 AM by kapitaen_1

IWP List View Problems

craig5005

Title

IWP List View Problems

I am not sure if this is a bug, or an actual function of FMP 9 Adv and IWP (if it is, I don't see the purpose).

However... when I perform a find in IWP and the records are listed, if I click on a record, randomly a bunch of other records will disappear.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which ones disappear and which ones stay.  Anyone know what is going on?

Craig 

• 1. Re: IWP List View Problems
          kapitaen_1

when records are listed in iwp, and you click on one record, *this* record will jump to first position.

All Records before, they do not disappear. Because iwp only displays 25 records at once, these "disappeared" records are simply out of display frame. You can scroll back to them, they are still there.

This is no bug, it is one of the differences between native filemaker client and instant web publishing. Internet, www, html have completely different technical background than local Windows or Mac OS programming.

Is it that what you are speaking of?

greetings from germany

Chris 

• 2. Re: IWP List View Problems
            craig5005

This is not the case for me.  I can go from 25 records, click on one, and now only 10 are visible, click on another and only 1 is left (or variations on this).  They definitely do not resort the records.

Any other ideas?

Craig 

• 3. Re: IWP List View Problems
              kapitaen_1

hi Craig,

no, it is not resorting what i am speaking about.

Ok, let us say you have exactly 25 records in your selected record list. When you click on the sixteenth record, the sixteenth record will be displayed on position 1 to be edited, and the old records 1 to 15 will disappear. Leaving 10 records in your list. But, records 1 to 15 didnt really disappear, they are simply out of window.

Now, when you click on number 10 of the smaller list, this tenth (the last one) will become position 1 in the display list, pushing 1 to 9 out of window. 

When you click on the scroll back from your iwp window, the old records 15 to 1 will appear again in your window, one after one. Please try it.

There is no resorting, no disappearing, no omitting. Simply the record you click on will become the first in the display list without any resorting or omitting.

greetings from germany

Chris