2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2011 8:58 AM by AndyWong

IWP on iPad: Conflict w/iPad Contacts

robcampbell

Title

IWP on iPad: Conflict w/iPad Contacts

I recently installed FMP11 and I am experiencing a problem with IWP on my iPad. I have set up a database on my iMac (10.6.4) and activated it for IWP, all (almost) works. When using my iPad and clicking in a text box to add/edit etc. a (non-FMP) pop-up menu appears asking me to choose between add or edit an existing contact. I have no contacts in my database, upon research this seems to be prompted by something in the iPad Contacts App. I do not want to use the iPad Contacts App and would be happy to switch it off entirely, I do not seem able to do this

Please can someone let me know what is going on, I am confused, how do I get rid of this problem? - I have checked IWP on regular Macs and PCs and it works fine, the problem seems to be from ONLY iPad? - HELP!

• 1. Re: IWP on iPad: Conflict w/iPad Contacts
          robcampbell

THIS: seems to make a difference... it happens with a [text-field] set to [global], regular [text] field appears fine. And, it gets weirder... if I try a similar routine (data-entry for find-script from button), with a text field other than the global field, the global field then subsequently works!!! - log out an start over, and then it doesn't!!! - man! this gotta be a FMP/IWP bug or somtin'? - tested it dozens and dozens of times now, trouble is... this routine is step-one of my solution! HELP!

• 2. Re: IWP on iPad: Conflict w/iPad Contacts
            AndyWong

I would like to create an app using file maker to access the ipad contact list. Can they be done? I am only in research stage and I am looking at Filemaker via openplug.

Thank you.