1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2014 10:07 AM by philmodjunk

IWP pages crash

KarthikKannan

Title

IWP pages crash

Hi Everyone,

I am a FileMaker developer for around 4+ years. I have encountered an issue now.

The issue is we have developed a FM database and shared the layouts via IWP. When the users access via IWP there is a crash happening in the Web server and stops/restarts the web publishing engine. We have hosted this DB in FileMaker shared hosting only. Now the Hosting company has stopped our IWP access as it affects the other users web access also.

I have checked my FM database and layouts.

Please find attached error logs from the hosting.

Can anyone please help me to sort this issue?

Thanks in advance

loglines.JPG

• 1. Re: IWP pages crash
          philmodjunk

Any time you get a crash, file damage is something to check on. File damage (corruption) can cause crashes and crashes can corrupt a file.

Take a recent back up copy of the file and run a recover on it to see what recover reports.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1. The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
          3. Recover does not detect all problems
          5. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          7. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledgebase article that you may find useful: What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).