5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 7:32 AM by philmodjunk

IWP pop up populates other fields

Kirk_1

Title

IWP pop up populates other fields

This is a fictitious sample customer i use in IWP to test my script.

When i select the field in red, it brings up a pop up window for customers to select shipper.

When they select the shipper name button a script copies the data, closes the window, records the data to the shipper in the original layout.

The issue is in IE, Chrome and Opera it populates the next section down, the one circled in blue - with a selection from that field related records... not the 1st ones.

Why?

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: IWP pop up populates other fields
          philmodjunk

ummm, Kirk,

Do you recall that crystal balls are a very unreliable source of information about how a database and it's scripts/relationships have been put together?

wink

• 2. Re: IWP pop up populates other fields
            Kirk_1

I was hoping it was a known issue and that from your vast experience you could tell me, its the way its committing the records.

i have the list related to the customer, so they can pull their customers.

In the picture, the shipper, consignee, third party are buttons to pull up the pop up... for that specific list.

I used a pop up because i needed to commit the record, to populate the rest of the address in IWP.

Somehow its hitting the next button and selecting from its list.

I delete the tab set up i had that sent it to the next field.

it does not do it in firefox, it does it on the rest.

Still a crystal ball???

• 3. Re: IWP pop up populates other fields
              philmodjunk

My direct experience with IWP can be easily written on the head of a pin. And you'd still need to describe your field, table and relationship structure just to full document what is going on. Showing us a layout just doesn't do that.

The fact that it appears to work with one browser and not another suggests that you have a bug. The fact that you are using deprecated technology means that any such bug will never be fixed by FMP Inc.

But I am guessing that you have a script that is being used here? With the portal row buttons set up as a button? That's where I'm still reaching for a crystal ball. Perhaps you could post the scripts involved?

• 4. Re: IWP pop up populates other fields
                Kirk_1

The shipper name and consignee names in the portal rows are buttons to run this script.

• 5. Re: IWP pop up populates other fields
                  philmodjunk

I'm a bit puzzled by the script you posted. It doesn't enter any data anywhere. It just performs a find. That seems inconsistent with:

When they select the shipper name button a script copies the data, closes the window, records the data to the shipper in the original layout.

The script itself seems unnecessarily complex for finding a record. If there is a field in consignees that uniquely identifies each record in the table, that should be the only value you need copy to a variable in order to use it to find a record in CustConsigneeBOL. While very unlikely to fail for this reason, there is no guarantee that the criteria used in this find will find the only record in the other table with this data.

One debugging trick you might use with IWP, (I do this sometimes when debugging in FM GO on an iPhone), is to set up a "log" table and copy data to the log table at numerous points in your script. You then use a web browser to reproduce the problem before going to the logged data that now serves as a "trace" of what happened when the script executed.