6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2012 7:10 AM by Sorbsbuster

IWP problem

SJCPS

Title

IWP problem

FM Pro 12; IE8; XP Pro

I have a problem getting IWP going. Followed the instruction.

1.           Open database
      3.           Open Sharing > IWP
      5.           Set IWP to ‘on’
      7.           Set All Users
      9.           Don’t display in IWP not ticked.
      11.           Using default port 80

On another work station on the network I browse to the ip address http://192.168.1.97 (ip of my pc) and I get an (110) Connection error. I can ping my pc.

Have I missed anything or misunderstood IWP?

Please help.

Thanks

• 1. Re: IWP problem
          Sorbsbuster

Try:

http://192.168.1.97:80

If that still doesn't work, try changing to port 591 and log on to http://192.168.1.97:591

• 2. Re: IWP problem
            SJCPS

Thank you for your helpful comments. Tried both suggestions before my original posting and cannot get either to work. Just to mention, I don't have FM installed on the workstation I am using to connect with IE8. I currently only have the one license to test with. Could this be a reason!

• 3. Re: IWP problem
              SJCPS

Does the PC running FM have to part of the domain on the network for domain computers to see it?

One other point, on the PC running FM database, I can use localhost in the browser and it all works as I expected.

Is there a settind that is blocking port 80m being accessed by other PCs

thank you in advance for repliers

• 4. Re: IWP problem
                Sorbsbuster

Does the PC running FM have to part of the domain on the network for domain computers to see it? - No.  If you can ping it then FM should be able to  find it by its IP address.

Is there a setting that is blocking port 80m being accessed by other PCs - Your personal firewall on the PC (as opposed to the router's firewall, or a separate commercial hardware firewall) may be blocking it.  Try turning the local firewall off in the meantime.  If you have it running by using localhost it is almost certainly a firewall issue.  If you have a corporate firewall running you may have to confirm with your administrator that the traffic is allowed through.  Note that if you intend to use the access outside your network you will have to use port forwarding on your gateway.

BTW: the remote PC doesn't have to have FM installed.

• 5. Re: IWP problem
                  SJCPS

now you mention it it seems so obvious I really feel silly I missed it. Thank you for helping me out.

I assume as I have the Pro version I can only have the classic themes and not the others mor fancy looking layouts?

• 6. Re: IWP problem
                    Sorbsbuster

Yes - only files using the classic theme work with IWP.  But preumably you can feel free to be as inventive as ever with your own 'style'.