12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2012 2:25 PM by Kirk_1

IWP question

Kirk_1

Title

IWP question

I've made several portals in a layout. They each have their own tab.

All work perfectly in my Pro11 client.

When i log onto my IWP session one of them does not populate.

Why?

Or perhaps a better question is... how would i have set the one that does not work differently than the others that do?

I don't see it as a relationship issue if it populates in the client and not the IWP.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: IWP question
          philmodjunk

Web browser are different from FileMaker Clients in how they update when data in a field is changed.

You'll need to describe that portal in more detail.

One possibility that comes to mind is that if this is a filtered portal where the filter expression refers to a field that the user can edit, it won't update after data is entered until the record is submitted.

Another detail is that Script triggers do not work in IWP except when a script trips the trigger. If a script trigger is forcing a filtered portal to update each time the user changes a value used in the filter, this trigger is not even being tripped in the IWP session.

• 2. Re: IWP question
            Kirk_1

The portal is not filtered.

There aren't script triggers to open it.

Its based on invoices.

I did set it up so we could select an invoice by its id number and go to that invoice.

In IWP when i hold the cursor over the spot where i should be able to select the id number the cursor does not change...

Ive had that happen when i don't have the relationship set up correctly. But... if the relationship  works on the client it should work in IWP correct?

• 3. Re: IWP question
              philmodjunk

Yes, but your interface may not work the same.

In IWP when i hold the cursor over the spot where i should be able to select the id number the cursor does not change...

What kind of layout object are you "hovering" the mouse over? A button? Is the button in a portal or on the layout? There have been cases where making small edits to the size and position of a layout object fixed such issues so perhaps your script is not currently being performed when you select your invoice.

• 4. Re: IWP question
                Kirk_1

Its not so much the layout objec it that its not populating the portal with the informaiton from the table or the button...

Id hoped with that illistration it wold point me in the right direction.

Two other protals work, from other tables. The one from this table does not.

• 5. Re: IWP question
                  philmodjunk

You still haven't told me anything about this portal. This prevents looking at any specifics that might be at issue. I'm out of general suggestions of things for you to check.

• 6. Re: IWP question
                    Kirk_1

The portal is in my sales layout/table. Its from the invoice table.

The relationship is SL_pksalespersonid = IN_fkslaes.

Its not filtered, or sorted.

If the sales primary key id number is in the invoice then it populates the portal with that reps invoices.

I have the scroll bar set because of the # of invoices and the length is 10 down.

What other information will help?

• 7. Re: IWP question
                      philmodjunk

If the sales primary key id number is in the invoice then it populates the portal with that reps invoices.

Does this mean that an IWP user might enter/select the sales Rep ID number in their web browser?

• 8. Re: IWP question
                        Kirk_1

No i bring it in from their log on.

The layout is set up from the sales persons prespecive.... one record with several tabs. The id is part of the record im populating the tabs from.

10 sales people, 10 records.

• 9. Re: IWP question
                          philmodjunk

How do you "bring it in from their log on"?

I assume that you have a script. Can you post it or at least the relevant portion?

I'm speculating that a commit record action not needed with Pro clients is needed for the web clients but I could be totally wrong about that also.

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
                          2. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
                          3. If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
                          4. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)
                          • 10. Re: IWP question
                            Kirk_1
                            • Enter Browse Mode
                            • Show All Records
                            • Set Error Capture [ On ]
                            • Set Variable [ $$nameGiven; Value:Sales::SLgUsername ]
                            • Set Variable [ $$passGiven; Value:Sales::SLgPassword ]
                            • Set Field [ Sales::SLgPassword; "" ]
                            • Set Field [ Sales::SLgUsername; "" ]
                            • Set Field [ Sales::SLdataAlert; "" ]
                            • Enter Find Mode [ ]
                            • If [ Length ( $$passGiven ) ≥ 1 or Length ( $$nameGiven ) ≥ 1 ]
                            • Set Field [ Sales::SLLoginName; $$nameGiven ]
                            • Set Field [ Sales::SLLoginPassword; $$passGiven ]
                            • Perform Find [ ]
                            • If [ Get ( LastError ) > 0 ]
                            • Go to Layout [ “LogIn_sales” (Sales) ]
                            • Show All Records
                            • Go to Record/Request/Page [ Next ]
                            • Set Field [ Sales::SLdataAlert; "Could not find a record with that Username and Password please try again" ]
                            • Else
                            • If [ Get ( FoundCount ) = 1 ]
                            • Go to Layout [ “IWP_Sales” (Sales) ]
                            • Exit Script [ ]
                            • Else
                            • Set Field [ Sales::SLdataAlert; "Error in lookingup Username/Password." & ¶ & "Please contact administrator for access{." ]
                            • End If
                            • End If
                            • Else
                            • Show All Records
                            • Set Field [ Sales::SLdataAlert; "Nothing to Search For" ]
                            • End If

I have 2 other portals that work in this layout. The invoice one does not.

• 11. Re: IWP question
                              philmodjunk

Sorry, but don't see any issues in the script that would be a factor.

The only other thing that I can think of is to try creating a brand new layout based on the same table occurrence and put the same portal on this layout, but do not copy any layout objects from the original layout. Then test this new layout in IWP to see if you get any difference in how the portal functions.

• 12. Re: IWP question
                                Kirk_1

Thank you