6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 8:24 AM by philmodjunk

IWP using FMP Server 12

germain

Title

IWP using FMP Server 12

Hi,

I've got a solution created in FMP 12 that is shared via FMP 12 Server. When the users acces the database with IWP everything works great. When they create a new record they can enter info into field but when the submit get this message. Record not Found. The specific record was not found. If the log out and re-enter the browser again they can then submit and make changes, it all works fine no problem. It's only the first record when they log in. If they enter an second and third records they all work fine. Is there a way around this. Also I've checked and the record that they can't submit is actually showing in the main database and has no issue if I update it in there, it still doesn't in IWP.

Germain

• 1. Re: IWP using FMP Server 12
          philmodjunk

I don't have any suggestions to make, but if you describe the method you have set up for creating a new record and entering that data, it will help others to help you. Also, have you tried using different web browsers to see if it makes any difference?

• 2. Re: IWP using FMP Server 12
            germain

I create a new record with a script

New Record/Request

Set Field [ESSerialNumber::fkWOESIDl; Customer_JOBS::__pk_WOESID]   *

Insert Text [Select; Customer_Jobs:: Categories; "Estimate"

Insert Text [Select; Customer_Jobs::Status Location; "Awainting Approval"]

Commit Records/Request []

As for the data. They are all entered in Portals (LineItem) using database from different Tables.

I'm not sure if this is detailed enought. I could had a photo of the relationship if needed.

Germain

• 3. Re: IWP using FMP Server 12
              germain

Different web browser didn't make any difference. And like I mentienned above. It's only the first record that is created when I open the database for the first time that give me that message. After that all the records created works fine with no issues. I have commit buttons on each step of the data entry to be sure that it all links to the main database on the server.

• 4. Re: IWP using FMP Server 12
                philmodjunk

Is the layout based on ESSerialNumber or Customer_Jobs?

What is the relationship between the two table occurrences?

This statement indicates that you apparently have at least one more table occurrence and portals to it:

As for the data. They are all entered in Portals (LineItem) using database from different Tables.

Please describe the relationships that link it/them to the layoiut's table occurrence. Presumably, you have allow creation enabled on that/those relationship(s)?

It's only the first record when they log in.... Also I've checked and the record that they can't submit is actually showing in the main database

The first record in which table? Customer_Jobs? Does this mean that you can see the new record in Customer_Jobs when you check but no related records that were entered via portals?

If they enter an second and third records they all work fine. Is there a way around this.

Does that mean that they can dismiss the error, create additional new records in the layout's table, then enter data into new records created via the portals, but cannot do this with the first new record created in the layout's table?

• 5. Re: IWP using FMP Server 12
                  germain

Hi PhilModJunk,

Thanks for all your help. I went thru all my relationships and script and made an order step by step, to see where and when the error would show up, to  realize that I had a script button that copy and paste a value from one relationship to the lineitem that was the issue. I was just trying to make the customer's experience easier. That solution was working in FMP with no problem. But I guess that we got to remember that we cannot ask to much of IWP. Thanks again for you help.

• 6. Re: IWP using FMP Server 12
                    philmodjunk

If the script was performed via a script trigger, script triggers cannot be tripped by the user interacting with their web browser in IWP.