2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2009 10:45 AM by ravisub

IWP with a proxy server?

ravisub

Title

IWP with a proxy server?

Our company intranet is set up such that the web connections go through a proxy server. I've found that Filemaker10 Instant Web Publishing doesn't work when the proxy server settings are turned on - I can get through to the login page of the served database, but then login doesn't work. Has anyone else encountered this, and/or could point me to a solution? Thanks,

-rs 

• 1. Re: IWP with a proxy server?
          TSGal

ravisub:

Thank you for your post.

In order for Instant Web Publishing to work, you need an IP Address.  Pull down the File menu and select "Sharing -> Instant Web Publishing...".  When you turn on Instant Web Publishing, the IP address will display.  Other users can then launch a browser and enter this IP address to access your database files via Instant Web Publishing.  If this IP address is going to frequently change, then it may not be possible.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: IWP with a proxy server?
            ravisub

Thanks TSGal. The setup was actually Ok, I did have the ip address from the sharing screen.

I found out that this has something to do with our company's proxy server, and I was told it might need to use SSL, so I'm going to try Filemaker Server to see if that helps. I'll post my experience,

-rs