3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2009 12:07 PM by TSGal

IWP, Quicktimes and Autoplay

Michael_H

Title

IWP, Quicktimes and Autoplay

Hello,

I am publishing a simple DB with Quicktimes in a container field using my Mac with FMP Advanced 10 and IWP.  There is one problem - does anyone know how to turn off Autoplay when using IWP?  When the DB shows multiple records in list mode all the Quicktimes play at the same time!  Not good!

Thanks 

• 1. Re: IWP, Quicktimes and Autoplay
          TSGal

Michael_H:

Thank you for your post.

You cannot turn off autoplay when using Instant Web Publishing.  Instead, you may want to create a separate layout for IWP users that displays the contents of the QuickTime video, and replace the Container field in List view with a button that when pressed, switches to the layout with the QuickTime video.  Does that make sense?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: IWP, Quicktimes and Autoplay
            Michael_H

Yes, thank you.

I had thought of that, but I was hoping there was another solution.

Do you know of a way to script the capturing of a Quicktime frame or the image in a container field? 

• 3. Re: IWP, Quicktimes and Autoplay
              TSGal

Michael_H:

The contents of a Container field can be referenced, but it appears you want to capture just one frame of the QuickTime video.  If that is the case, then FileMaker does not have that ability.

Does anybody know of a plugin to do this? 

For an image (jpg, tif, png, etc.) in a container field, use the "Export Field Contents" script step to export to a file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.