2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 2:04 PM by yomango

Java error

yomango

Title

Java error

Hello. I need big help on this issue. It started yesterday, I was working normally using  FMPA 12, I had to open a database on FMPA 13 so I closed 12. I could not open the v13 database, tried to open 12 again and got an error in the form of a file within the FIlemaker 12 Advance folder in the Program Files folder. Now I can't open neither version but FMPA 11 does open still. The error is a Java message that reads at the beginning:

" A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#
           #  Internal Error (safepoint.cpp:692), pid=2936, tid=272
           #  fatal error: Deadlock in safepoint code.  Should have called back to the VM before blocking."

I uninstalled and re-installed FMPA12 to no avail.

Does any one know how to fix this problem? I installed the application in my daughter's mini computer and it runs fine. So, I suspect W& problems, but why suddenly?

Thank you in advance

• 1. Re: Java error
          schamblee

Error starting software usually has to do with missing or corrupt files.  I would suggest uninstall 12 and 13 then reinstall 12 see if the program starts if not then I would call support, if it does reinstall 13.  I don't think FileMaker charges for this type support. 

• 2. Re: Java error
            yomango

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I did re-install 12 but with 13 still installed, no luck. I uninstalled 13, no luck. I will re-install 12 alone this time. If  not, I will contact support as you suggested.