3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 8:13 AM by philmodjunk

javascript not working in filemaker webviewer but working in chrome

Title

javascript not working in filemaker webviewer but working in chrome

Hi I just tested javascript in filemaker pro 13 webviewer using this site:

It said that "JavaScript   IS NOT WORKING   in your web browser"

But with chrome is says it is. Why is this? Is there a setting on FM to enable javascript?

I only found this out as google maps is not working anymore and I tried bing maps and bing said I don't have javascript enabled ... re this post http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/61466486b8

but it is enabled in chrome. I'm looking through posts like http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/b4f10fb38d but nothing is jumping out at me yet as an answer

• 1. Re: javascript not working in filemaker webviewer but working in chrome
          philmodjunk

Mac Web viewers use a "web kit" from Safari. Windows Web Viewers use a "web kit" from Internet Explorer. Neither have any connection with Chrome. So see if either Safari or Explorer (depending on your OS) has the same issue.

• 2. Re: javascript not working in filemaker webviewer but working in chrome

Pour yourself a nice cool drink Phil, you've done it again.

The setting on Safari was set to disable javascript, I was told by a friend to do this as it helps protect my mac against hacking, like using chrome and deinstalling flash, as chrome has flash built in.

Well, it really messed up my FM, and now everything is working again, including google maps.

I've a couple of google maps questions up though, under my name, and I'd like to know why people are talking about you need API, so even though it's fixed at the moment, I really what to know about this, so I'll post that the immediate issue if fixed but I still want to know what this API issue is as after a few hours over the last 48 trying to sort this issue out I found out google charges businesses, even small like mine 10,000 dollars per year for this. FM google maps is a very important part of using Filemaker for me and it scared the life out of me when it stopped working.

• 3. Re: javascript not working in filemaker webviewer but working in chrome
              philmodjunk

There was a post in report an issue on this. What I recall is that you have to register with Google, not purchase the API and it depended on the version of FileMaker that you are using.

I haven't experienced an issue myself with google maps in windows 7, but also haven't tried to use this feature on the latest FileMaker version.