AnsweredAssumed Answered

Job and Account budgets

Question asked by symbister on Sep 22, 2011
Latest reply on May 13, 2012 by brooklyngeorge

Title

Job and Account budgets

Hi, using FMP11 on Mac OS 10.5

This may have been handled before in this forum, but wasn't sure what term to search for...

I have a number of Jobs (codes like 11EX500, 11EX502, 11EX503 etc.) in a Jobs Table, and a number of Accounts (codes like 6-5440, 6-5445 etc) in an Accounts table, linked into a Purchases table.

All well and good, but now I'd like to track the budgets for these various Job/Account combinations - each Job has a full list of Account codes, each Account has a budget amount assigned to it, but of course the budget amount differs for the same Account in a different Job.

So a Budget table becomes obvious, with a record for each Job/Account/Amount combination, linked to the Jobs and Accounts tables, but then how do I interrogate that amount when processing a payment, reduce the remaining budget for that Job/Acoount line, and generate a report showing each transaction on a new line, summarised by Job then Account, with the original budget amount, line item amount and remaining budget. I'm OK with sub-summarising, but can't get a handle on how to calculate/display budget amounts.

It's only bare bones at the moment, but as always, any help appreciated.

Picture_3.png

Outcomes