AnsweredAssumed Answered

JOIN or FIND in portal

Question asked by pvhaute on Jan 29, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2009 by TSGal

Title

JOIN or FIND in portal

Hi,

I have an Inventory-file that holds all stock-movements for all products.

From a selected article, I would like to see (in a portal): the quantity available, per delivery-batch (=unique batch number), per type of packaging!

Example:

Article 1

Batch X - Container 1.000kg: 5.000kg

Batch Y - Pallet 200kg: 800kg

Batch Y - Container 1.000kg: 2.000kg

For this i selfjoined the inventory table (Inv1 and Inv2), based on 'Article', 'Batch', and 'Package' to get the quantities (based on a summary field) from the second instance (Inv2).  This works fine.

I connected the Inv1 to the portal

I run a script to identify unique Batch-Package combinations that are occuring in the inventory table, and perform a 'find' on this identification field (i did this however in another layout as the primary inventory table (Inv1) is not the table linked to the layout where i want to show the portal).

The problem is that i see repetitions of the Batch-Package in the portal, something like this:

Batch X - Container 1.000kg: 5.000kg

Batch Y - Pallet 200kg: 800kg

Batch X - Container 1.000kg:

Batch X - Container 1.000kg:

Batch Y - Container 1.000kg: 2.000kg

(mind:for the 'repeating' Batch-Package records it doesn't show me any quantities, strangely enough!)

It is as if the portal forgot that a 'find' restricted the number of records that he should show in the first place.

Can anybody help?

(the actual case contains a lot more tables and instances, but i tried to keep it simple)

Thanks in advance,

P

Outcomes