AnsweredAssumed Answered

Joining starter solution

Question asked by keypix on Jul 2, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Joining starter solution

Hi, hope someone can guide me with this question ( sorry it's probably very basic)

I am trying to join the 2 starter solutions, Invoices and Contacts, so that I can have many related Contacts for each record in the Invoices solution.  I have placed a foreign key into the Contacts table and joined it to the Primary ID of the Customers table in the Invoice solution.  So far so good, a portal in the Invoices layout allows me to create many related Contacts associated with each Customer record in the Invoices solution. I have also created a link in the Contacts solution so that the Company and Work addresses fields show the corresponding fields from the Invoices solution.

The problem I am trying to understand is how to change or remove the Company that a Contact is related if their circumstances  were to change. At the moment if I try and remove a contact from the portal in the Invoices solution, it deletes the full Customer record and any associated Contacts lose their connection to the company.  In the Contacts solution I am unable to show a drop down list that would allow me to select another company for that Contact to be related to.

If anyone can give me a pointer of how to configure this it would be most appreciated.

thank you 

Outcomes