7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2012 3:20 PM by philmodjunk

jump to 1st record when mouse is clicked anywhere on layout

edrob

Title

jump to 1st record when mouse is clicked anywhere on layout

I've posted this in the Developers Forum without finding a solution so I hope support will take a look.

I have a new solution in FMP12 Advanced on Windows.

The setup:

On first opening the solution an open script opens the program to "Invoice" layout in form view showing records from a table "Invoice". Invoice is joined to a Clients table and to a LineItem table in normal kp/kf fashion.

On the Layout are fields from Invoice, fields from Client and a portal from LineItems.

There is a "New Invoice" button that creates both a new client record and then a new Invoice record and a LineItem record.

When the "New Invoice" button is pressed a script creates a new invoice record, a new joined Client record and a joined LineItem record, and a field from the Client table is selected on the layout ready for input.

Now the problem:

Information entered from field to field using the tab key is ok. But the second the mouse is clicked on any field or even the layout background the displayed record jumps to the first record in the Invoice table.

Temporary workaround:

Mouse click on the "Show or Hide the Status Toolbar" button or several buttons on the layout that go to a different layout, and then return to the invoice layout the problem disappears.

The common denominator is "Show All" that is scripted in the return to Invoice layout button. However I doubt the "Status Toolbar" button does this so there really isn't a common denominator.

So I'm at a loss. I even wonder if this is a bug in the FM program?

A copy of the solution can be downloaded at: www.ocean-art.com/Photo_DVD_Log.zip

Account Name: admin

password: no password, just click through

Thanks for any solution or insight.