AnsweredAssumed Answered

Just a few questions to start with

Question asked by SimonSherwood_1 on Aug 15, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Just a few questions to start with

I'm looking to migrate from bento so am in the process of trialing FMP.  I'm building a database with 2 main table, Customers (main Fields are Price, frequency of work, balance and next due date) and then Transactions (fields are Date, Price,Tips, Extra work, Payment amount Total and Balance. Total and Balance are calculation fields. Total is Price Tips and Extra work, Balance is Payment - Total).

I'm building a customer form with a Portal to transactions.  One of the fields in the customer table is entitled Job Price and I wanted to insert a button that auto filled some of the next line in the portal such as date and Price possibly even having another button to auto fill if they have paid.  I've had some success but it only ever seems to fill out the first line of the Portal.

I also want to add up the Balance Fields in the Portal and display the Answer in the Balance Field in the Customer form.  I thought that this would be straight forward but doesn't appear to be so.

Lastly I wanted to create a button that adds the duration to the currant date to tell me when a customer is due again.  I was wondering if it is possible to make a button multifunction so that it performed 2 or 3 jobs at once.

Thanks in advance for any help Simon.

Outcomes