7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2011 4:14 PM by philmodjunk

just starting with FMP11-question on tutorial-how to make button work?

billcritten

Title

just starting with FMP11-question on tutorial-how to make button work?

I'm expanding my DB arsenal to include Filemaker Pro 11.  I come from MS Access/Sql Server (.Net, VB.net, C#...), but I am just starting out with FM.  Following the tutorial that ships with fm, I am having a problem making a button work.  In the tutorial, it says to go to the Layout Mode (edit layout) to click on the button tool and draw the button while in the Data Entry window.  I do that.  Then I click outside of the button and then double click the button and select "Go To Layout" underneath  Navigation and specify "Club List" from the list of Layout options.  I save the Layout and exit the layout mode and am now in the Data Entry mode.  Then I try to test out this button from the Data Entry window.  When I click on the button I expect to go to the "Club List" window the same as if I click on the Layout drop down (upper left side of window).  But nothing happens.  Any suggestions would be appreciated what I need to do to make this button work or what I might be missing (from the tutorial).

Thanks