3 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2015 1:29 PM by philmodjunk

Keep window from maximizing

danlee

Title

Keep window from maximizing

I know that I can have a script that I can create new window from maximizing by unchecking that option.  But I have a button setup on one layout that takes me to another layout.  But I do not want a new window opening up for that.  Any way that I can do that without having new window appear?

• 1. Re: Keep window from maximizing
          philmodjunk

Use go to layout to change from one layout to another without opening a new window. But that seems too simple here, so you may need to describe what you want in more detail if that's now what you meant.

• 2. Re: Keep window from maximizing
            danlee

That is too simple :)  Right now I am using the go to layout without opening a new window.  But the user can still maximize or minimize the screen which distorts the entire layout.  Is there a way to go to layout and not have those options available for the user to mess with.

• 3. Re: Keep window from maximizing
              philmodjunk

You'd need to set those options for the window itself rather than the layout. If this is the first window that opens when you open the file, you may have to use a script performed by OnFirstWindowOpen that uses new window to open a window to the desired dimensions without the window resize option enabled, then close the original window--which does have those options.