AnsweredAssumed Answered

Keeping found records in script

Question asked by lbellino on Aug 3, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Keeping found records in script

I'm new to creating scripts and I created one with help from an associate. I have a few layouts that has a field that shows the record status "active or inactive" (same field used in different layouts) and the script I created will find the active records and sort them ascending. I'm including an image of how it's set up. This works well until I do a find of a cretain set of records, that I want to keep when I got to one of the other layouts that shows the same records that I found. With the script, it automatically, shows all the active records again. Is there a way to keep any finds that I do, while keeping this script associated with these layouts? Or update the script to show that if I do a find, that it keeps the found set and if I don't do a find, it still shows all the active records and sorts?

Goal here is to keep the found records in other layouts, if a find is being done. If not, it still runs the script to show the active records and sorts them ascending, like I currently have it.

script1.PNG

Outcomes