AnsweredAssumed Answered

Keeping off the mouse in Script Workspace

Question asked by tcmeyers on Aug 6, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 by erolst

Title

Keeping off the mouse in Script Workspace

I haven't found a deep reference for using the Script Workspace (FMPA 14) and the various keyboard methods for typing in scripts rather than mousing them in. I've figured out a number of moves involving paying attention to what's highlighted and tabbing, hitting return, etc. but I haven't found what key or combination is needed to check or uncheck a checkbox or radio button when in "gear" mode for various script steps.

I've attached a screenshot of one. Here, I've started a new line by hitting the Return key (with nothing highlighted on the prior line) and typing "enter f" and Return, which auto-completes to "Enter Find Mode [ Pause ] ☼" with the "gear" being highlighted blue. Hitting Return a second time opens the "gear" and the popdown looks similar to the screenshot below, but the "√ Pause" isn't embossed like a button yet. That is accomplished by hitting the down-arrow on the keyboard. Now it looks just like my screenshot.

I can't figure out how to un-check the "√ Pause" using the keyboard at this point. It looks like a highlighted button, so it seems like maybe Return or Enter might activate it, but no, that just closes the "gear" box.

So I have to mouse it. Anyone know how, or where there is a full reference regarding these things?

Troy

pause_checkbox.png

Outcomes