3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2009 2:35 AM by nicola

Keyboard shortcuts not working inside Web Viewer

james.g

Title

Keyboard shortcuts not working inside Web Viewer

FileMaker Version: 10.0v3

Within a Web Viewer area, I am finding that the ability to use keyboard shortcuts on input fields inside the area (like Copy/Paste) don't work. The right-click menu does work, so we are able to use it that way. "Allow interaction with web viewer content" is turned on, and there is no Javascript shenanigans attempting to play it up. This is a significant slow down, and I was wondering if there is a work around or a specific way to enable this?

• 1. Re: Keyboard shortcuts not working inside Web Viewer
          TSGal

james.g:

Thank you for your post.

Yes, the keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste in the Web Viewer do not work on the Macintosh platform.  Your workaround of right-clicking and selecting copy/paste is acceptable.

Our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments are aware of this issue, and there is no additional information at this time.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Keyboard shortcuts not working inside Web Viewer
            nicola

Hi, I read your comment and ask myself if there have been any changes in the meantime.
            Im an sending SMS via Webviewer  and  voipcheap.com from a filemaker-database  and I am trying to get the result of the sending (success or failure) out of the webviewer window, into an answer field for the user. Since the copy and paste-thing does not work and since I cannot script the context-menue-thing I am at a loss now.

Does anyone have an idea?

That would be great!!

Nicola

• 3. Re: Keyboard shortcuts not working inside Web Viewer
              nicola

Sorry, I´ve found raybaudis contribution about a similar issue and he recommended to use:

GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "Webviewers-objectname" ; "content" )

which works perfectly fine for me.

Cheers

Nicola