6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2012 1:46 AM by wolfo

Kioskmodus deaktivieren?

wolfo

Title

Kioskmodus deaktivieren?

Ich habe eine FM Pro 11 Datei, die ich wohl irgendwann einmal über die Entwicklerwerkzeuge des FL Pro 11 Advanced mit dem Haken für "Kioskmodus für Nicht-Administratoren" aktivieren versehen habe dann neu erstellt. Problem ist, dass seitdem die Datei immer für alle nicht-Administratoren im Kioskmodus geöffnet wird. Ich habe versucht, die Datei über die Entwicklerwerkzeuge neu zu erstellen, ohne das Kästchen anzuklicken, aber es funktioniert nicht. Wie bekomme ich den Kioskmodus wieder ausgeschaltet?

Danke für Eure Antworten.

Oliver

• 1. Re: Kioskmodus deaktivieren?
          Sorbsbuster

I think you are asking that:

You made a Run-time version and enabled 'Run in Kiosk mode', which it does, for non-administrators.  But now you want to create a run-time version that does not run in kiosk mode.  You have tried to re-create the run-time version without clicking the 'Run in Kiosk mode' box, but it seems to still opn in kiosk mode.

My suggestion is just to double-check what you have done.  Create another run-time version from the original Filemaker file, and check that 'Kiosk mode' is not selected.  Then make sure that the file you have created is definitely the one you open.

------------------

Mein Vorschlag ist, nur einmal zu überprüfen, was Sie getan haben. Erstellen Sie eine weitere Laufzeit-Version von der Original-FileMaker-Datei, und überprüfen Sie, ob "Kiosk-Modus" nicht aktiviert ist. Dann stellen Sie sicher, dass die Datei die Sie erstellt haben definitiv ist, die Sie öffnen.

• 2. Re: Kioskmodus deaktivieren?
            wolfo

Danke für die Antwort. Das Problem ist schwieriger. Ich habe die Datenbankdatei vor längerer Zeit erstellt. Ich habe wohl auch irgendwann einmal eine Runtime Version erstellt. Diese ist aber nicht das Problem. Ich habe aber vermutlich irgendwann einmal die Originaldatei über die Developer Tools neu erstellt und dabei "run in kiosk mode for non administrators" aktiviert. Dies scheint nun in der Datei hinterlegt zu sein, denn egal was ich mache, der Kiosk Modus ist immer für nicht Admins aktiviert. Dabei möchte ich, dass  nun auch nicht-Admins normal auf die Datei zugreifen können. Und wohlgemerkt, es ist keine Runtime Version, sondern eine normale FM 11 Datenbank.

• 3. Re: Kioskmodus deaktivieren?
              Sorbsbuster

Is it that your normal database does not open correctly? Are you saying that some functions of Filemaker are not available to you as an administrator?  Or that some other users  cannot use the normal Filemaker  database? Do you want to send me an empty copy  (clone) of your database)?

I am unclear:
              - can you use all features of the file?
              - can your users see all features?
              - is this a problem with the runtime versions ONLY?

----------

Ist es, dass Ihre normale Datenbank nicht korrekt öffnen? Wollen Sie damit sagen, dass einige Funktionen von Filemaker nicht zur Verfügung stehen, um Sie als Administrator? Oder dass einige andere Benutzer können nicht die normalen Filemaker-Datenbank? Wollen Sie mir eine leere Kopie (Klon) Ihrer Datenbank) senden?

Ich bin unklar:
              - Können Sie alle Funktionen der Datei?
              - Können Ihre Benutzer sehen alle Features?
              - Ist das ein Problem mit den Runtime-Versionen?

• 4. Re: Kioskmodus deaktivieren?
                wolfo

we can chat in English as well, so you don`t need to post everything bilingual :-). Yes, right, the problem is that the file constantly opens in kiosk mode if I am logging on as non admin. I found no way to reverse that function. 

I can send you a simple example of such a file (I can`t send the original file because it is part of a project with a company). But you can simply create such a problem: create a file, then close it. Go to the developer tools and create a new file with enabling kiosk mode for non admins. Once you have created that file it will always open in kiosk mode for non admins even if you recreate a new file from it with disabling the tick box "kiosk mode". I have found no way to reverse that. And the big problem is that I do not have any "original" file any more from which the current version was created.

If you send me your email address I can attach such a file.

Thanks, Oliver

• 5. Re: Kioskmodus deaktivieren?
                  Sorbsbuster

Here is what I did:

- created a FM file with an Admin and a Non-Admin account
                  - created a runtime version of it with the 'Kiosk mode for non-admin' ticked
                  - opened the run time version as Admin.  It was in full screen (correctly)
                  - opened it as non-admin.  It opened in kiosk mode (correctly)

Then I opened that runtime database file in Filemaker, and saved a copy of it in fp7 format.  Then I:

- created a runtime version of it and did NOT tick the 'Kiosk mode for non-admin'
                  - opened the run time version as Admin.  It was in full screen (correctly)
                  - opened it as non-admin.  It was in full screen (correctly)

• 6. Re: Kioskmodus deaktivieren?
                    wolfo

yes, but that does not match the problem. Create any fp7 file, go to developer tools and create a new fp7 file from it with "kiok mode" enabled. The new fp7 file has the kiosk setting for all non admins and it is impossible to disable that in the file again. And that is what happened. So after many attempts to find a posibility to remove the kiosk setting from the file I have created a new fp7 database, copied all tables, layouts and imported the scripts. That was a couple of hours work but the new file has the default settings again and I can create a runtime version that does not automatically open in kiosk mode if I don`t want it to.

Actually I think that is definitely a bug in FM (it is the same in FM 12) and I hope that in the next version that will be removed. It is probably not a problem as long as you preserve your original fp7 file. But I did the mistake a some point to create a new file from it with the kiosk mode enabled and I must have worked with that version and deleted the original one (without being aware of the problem).

My recommendation to all users is to carefully preserve the original file and not enabling kiosk mode for that one.

Cheers, Oliver