AnsweredAssumed Answered

Layout Editing

Question asked by snimmo on Nov 5, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Layout Editing

I am fairly new to Filemaker and am using the "Contacts" delivered solution to try to understand as much as I can about the product. It has gone fairly well but am struggling with an area in the iPhone layout for Contacts.

There are some global variables in the display that overlay each other I am trying to change but am not finding how to move these items around like a text box does even though these are actually text items. I'm wanting to know a couple of things. What is the best way to modify or setup layouts when you have fields that overlay each other? This seems to be common on the iPhone formats because of the limited space but I haven't found a good way to design and modify these overlapping fields. Is there a view I'm missing that allows me to work with multiple overlays easily?

Second issue I have found to be difficult is finding where the global variables are defined. Is there a view that shows where all the global variables in the system are defined in case I want to make changes to them?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Outcomes