1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2008 2:54 PM by TSGal

layout insert: form or picure

belemetana@sbcglobal.net

Title

layout insert: form or picure

I have been attempting to import a number of forms so that I can populate them with information from my Filemaker database.

I have captured these forms in PDF and have conveted them to TIFF, JPG and PNG before I imported them into a blank layout.  When imported, the forms look like extremely low resulation or "out of focus" and look like a 5th generation photocopy no matter what version I import. I use the same database with MAC and PC (MAC at home and PC at work).

I have also tried to import them into Photoshop and increase the contrast and megs of the file before importing them into my database, all without success.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• 1. Re: layout insert: form or picure
          TSGal

Henry:

Thank you for your post.

When converting the PDF file to JPG, make sure you save as highest quality (although it shouldn't matter).  Then, just to be sure, since you have Photoshop, open the JPG in Photoshop.  How does it appear here?  Check the Image Size and the quality (72 DPI minimum - 300 DPI recommended).  Make any adjustments and save again as JPG.

In FileMaker Pro, make the Layout large enough, pull down the Insert menu and select "Picture".  Select your JPG file, and it should appear properly.

If you are still having difficulty, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.