2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2010 12:27 PM by LaRetta_1

Layout length is limited?

Melinda

Title

Layout length is limited?

Mac OS X, FM 9 over a shared network, beginner-intermediate skillset here...  Though my question may have me back at pre-beginner...

I am creating a layout that I want to be unlimited in length, but it seems there is a set limit...  I've filled a long, for lack of better description, column with fields, and am stuck well before I am finished...  I can create an additional "column", but it would be cleaner for me if I could just keep extending the page.  The "body" tab won't let me drag it down any further -- is there a way to override this?

Thanks for your help... again!

Melinda

• 1. Re: Layout length is limited?
          philmodjunk

It's a pretty large limit.

Most often, a new user encounters this issue because they're adding more and more fields where they should break their table design up into smaller, more numerous records--perhaps in related tables. Displaying multiple records in list view allows you to create areport with no practical limit to its length.

Perhaps if you describe why you have such a very large number of fields in one table, we can suggest a different approach that avoids this limitation.

• 2. Re: Layout length is limited?
            LaRetta_1
               Hi Melinda, layouts are finite.  They can be max 8000 px wide and high (adding header, sub-summary, body etc parts) together.