1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 6:59 AM by philmodjunk

Layout mode versus Browse mode

AshleyFranklin

Title

Layout mode versus Browse mode

I am learning to be a develop for FMPro after being a user for several years, and I'm having trouble navigating from Layout view and Browse view.  I'm developing a custom solution where my layout is in form view.  I have a multiple page layout (where the body covers several pages).  In Layout view, I am able to scroll down and see multiple pages, objects, etc.  I've verified that none of the objects on the subsequent pages (2 and 3) have limited visibility in the Inspector.  However, when I click over to Browse mode, I can't see the subsequent pages (2 and 3) of my layout.  In Browse mode, my "book feature" has only 1 record (which is page 1 of my layout). Can you help me visualize all 3 pages of the layout (schema) in Browse mode like I see in Layout mode?

• 1. Re: Layout mode versus Browse mode
          philmodjunk

The book control, in Browse Mode, shows the number of records to your layout's underlying table. It does not show the number of pages.

In Form view, you should be able to see all of your layout by scrolling the window. The same is true for List View, but now you can also scroll to other records in your found set.

What you describe doesn't really sound possible--have to wonder if you might be in table view or if there are some other details missing here from your description of the problem.

If the above info does not help you, I suggest uploading screen shots of your layout. Upload one taken while in Layout Mode and another taken while in Browse mode.